Note: This is a contest idea by ComicReply – available to be customized for your brand!
When choosing the best furniture for their house or condo, customers have many options. In order to keep your brand at top of mind it is important to attract their attention with the most useful and interesting marketing initiatives.
One fun way to help shoppers find the best furniture for their home is to enable them to easily take a photo of their living room (or other room) and be able to easily place photos of your brand’s furniture and fixtures right in their room!
This way shoppers can easily visualize what your products will look like and how they will fit in their home.
Now, going one step forward is to make this a fun social competition. That is, invite shoppers to place your products in photos of their rooms and share them with friends to win prizes. Friends vote (and possibly comment) on these interior designs and the most-voted by the end of the contest wins a gift certificate (or another prize).
How it works:
1. Invite shoppers to enter the contest
2. They can participate on your website, by downloading a mobile app, or right on your Facebook page (in a Facebook app).
3. Once signed up (logged in) they upload a photo of a room
4. Select from images of your furniture products and place them in the room
Note: it’s easy to resize, rotate, and adjust the images to fit in the room.
5. Give the contest entry a title (+ maybe a description)
6. Submit to the contest
7. Entries are moderated before going live on the public gallery (on the site, mobile app and Facebook) – they get a notice once it’s live.
8. Participant shares their room design on social media and email (every share can include pre-set messages and possible ads for your brand or specific product specials).
9. Participants get notified every time their entry gets votes (by email or mobile push notifications) and login regularly see what others entered and share more to win. A countdown clock shows how much time is left and the current top entries.
10. Once the time is out, you announce the winner and deliver the prize.
After the contest is over, you can start another contest right away. It will not get boring because different participants will enter different entries each time. You can also focus each contest on a different theme (for example, lighting, sofas, etc.).
The Furnishing Contest is a new concept for an interactive marketing campaign in the furniture industry. It is perfect for brands operating in the following business lines:
* Furniture Retailers
* Furniture Manufacturers
* Lifestyle Stores
* Department Stores
* Warehouse Membership Clubs
* Office Supply Stores
* Discount Department Stores
* Furniture Designers
* Used Furniture Outlets
* Flea Markets
* Furniture Auctions
* Furniture Consignment Stores
If you are marketing a furniture brand and looking for digital marketing and advertising ideas, consider running a contest where people place items from your brand in a photo of their house and share to win prizes.
Interested? Consider using the ComicReply platform as it already has all of the features you will need to launch, manage and measure this type of contest.
For more information about using ComicReply for your furniture brand, contact us here: